Dr. Adam Carraway is pleased to help carry on Dr. James Dickert’s legacy of providing high-quality dental care for patients since 1977. He is continuing to provide oral health solutions to patients in his Greer, SC dentist office. Dr. Carraway provides exceptional oral health services and personalized dentistry.
Vision and value set Carraway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry apart from other dental practices. Dr. Carraway works with his patients as individuals to better understand the types of treatments they are looking for. He thoroughly explains each dental treatment to patients so they can choose the right option for their needs, budget, and goals. Dr. Carraway makes Carraway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry a place of open communication where patients can voice their needs.
Learn more about our dentist office:
- Meet Dr. Adam Carraway
- Meet Our Team
- Patient Testimonials
- Payment and Insurance Options
- General Dental Care
- Restorative Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dental Solutions
The Art & Science of Dentistry
At its core, dentistry is an art. A beautiful smile can not be created without the eye and skill of an expert artisan. Luckily our team of dentists and hygienists is very skilled in a number of artistic endeavors outside of dentistry. All of this artistic talent within our office translates to the creation of beautiful smiles for our patients.
Today’s dental filling materials require extensive knowledge of chemistry and strict adherence to protocols for clinical success. Tooth-colored filling materials are complex resin composites that are covalently bonded to natural tooth structure. Dr. Adam Carraway is a scientist at heart which means he is constantly studying the latest research in dental materials and giving his patients fantastic dental treatment results.
Anxiety-Free Dental Care in Greer
Dr. Carraway and his professional dental team want patients to feel welcome when they step into their office for the first time. No matter the patient’s age, Dr. Carraway makes it his mission to create an environment where everyone feels comfortable. He understands that it can be difficult for some patients to visit the dentist, especially on a regular basis. Whether patients have had a negative past experience or have been away from the dentist for a long time, he can help.
For particularly anxious or fearful patients, Dr. Carraway uses dental sedation. Sedation dentistry makes it easier for patients to receive the dental care they need. Using IV sedation, nitrous oxide, or oral conscious sedation, Dr. Carraway helps patients feel relaxed and calm. Under dental sedation, patients do not remember their dental procedure and can even fall asleep. Sedation dentistry allows patients who would not otherwise visit the dentist to receive treatment.
Preventative dentistry is a type of dental care used to stop the development of serious dental problems including cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease. The most common and effective preventative dental treatments are generalized. Routine cleanings, dental x-rays, and scaling and root planing provide preventative treatment. In order to better keep track of our patient’s oral health, we recommend that they visit our office twice a year for routine visits. These routine dental visits are a key part of preventative dentistry.
Our team thoroughly examines the teeth, cleans the teeth and gums, and recommends treatment during these visits.
Modern Dental Technology and Treatments
Dr. Carraway has continued his dental education to provide his patients the latest in treatment methods and technologies:
- Digital Dental X-rays: Modern x-rays take digital images of the structures of the mouth so we can better see areas of damage or dysfunction. This diagnostic tool also gives off 80 percent less radiation than older, more traditional x-rays. This way we can safely diagnose patients without any risk of radiation exposure. Our team can also share x-rays if we need to refer patients to surgeons or specialists.
- Dental Implants: Tooth implants are multipurpose restorations that may be used to replace single or multiple missing teeth. They are made of durable titanium posts that, after surgical implantation, fuse to the jawbone. Implants provide strength and stability as well as natural-looking restorations. Many patients who receive implants or implant-supported restorations may even forget that they have prosthetic teeth because they look and feel natural.
- Tooth Crowns: Dental crowns are tooth caps that can be used to cover natural teeth or dental implants. They are made of porcelain ceramic, a material that reflects light for a natural look. Tooth crowns brighten discolored teeth and strengthen weakened or worn teeth.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
We serve patients from Greer and Taylors, SC at Carraway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. You can schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Carraway and his team online or contact us at 864.383.9711. If you have any questions about dental treatment or current oral health concerns, please let our team know. Our goal is to help you find the right solution to address your dental problems. We look forward to meeting you at your next visit.