Dr. Carraway and our dental care team strive to be a part of our patient’s overall healthcare team. At each appointment, we look at systemic health as well as the status of the teeth, gums, lips, and cheeks to identify issues and come up with a preventative plan for maintaining health. We work hard to proactively attain wellness rather than reactively treating disease.
At Carraway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Carraway provides a wide variety of dental services in Greer. These services can be used to improve the aesthetics of the smile, provide preventative care, and restore the health of the teeth and gums. Discover each dental service below and visit the cosmetic, general, and restorative pages for links to information about our treatment options.
Dental Services in Greer, SC
Our cosmetic, general, and restorative dental services help patients of all ages get the smile of their dreams.
Cosmetic dental solutions enhance the look and health of the smile:
- Porcelain Veneers: Crafted from thin shells of porcelain ceramic, dental veneers cover the front of the tooth enamel for a bright and uniform look.
- Tooth Bonding: Dental bonding treatment can change the shape, size, and color of teeth. For this treatment, we mold biocompatible material directly onto the enamel and then cure it. The bonding material is color-matched to blend in with natural teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: Our Opalescence in-office and take-home whitening treatments can brighten your smile by multiple shades. Each Opalescence treatment is tailored to patients, who can control the amount of hydrogen peroxide they want in their whitening gel.
General dental care helps prevent future oral health problems:
- Sports Mouthguard: Do you play contact sports like football, basketball, or lacrosse? You need a custom sports mouthguard to protect your teeth and gums from injury.
- Emergency Dentistry: Call our office in the event of a dental emergency. We treat patients with knocked-out permanent teeth, dental injuries, excessive bleeding, broken dental restorations, and more.
- Family Dentistry: Dr. Carraway is a family dentist that wants every member of your family to be able to receive care under one roof. Whether you’re a new or current patient, he wants you to feel welcome in his office.
- Dental Sedation: Sedation dentistry helps keep patients relaxed during dental procedures. Many patients are unconscious and will not remember their treatment under dental sedation.
- Tooth Extraction: Tooth extractions are needed to remove severely impacted, infected, or overcrowded teeth. We ensure that the extraction process is as comfortable as possible.
Restorative dentistry revitalizes the health and function of the teeth and gums:
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge is a dental prosthetic used to replace multiple missing teeth. Traditionally, bridges have been secured by crown-capped natural teeth adjacent to a tooth gap. Dental implants can be used to permanently restore teeth with a bridge.
- Dental Crown: Tooth crowns are porcelain caps that fully cover natural teeth or dental implants. They look just like natural teeth and provide durability and strength.
- Dental Implants: Tooth implants are versatile restorative tools that restore teeth at the root. They are made of titanium posts that are inserted into the jaw to replace single missing teeth or support bridges and dentures.
- Full and Partial Dentures: We recommend dentures for patients missing rows or arches of teeth. Our implant-secured dentures do not slip around the mouth and make it easier to speak and chew.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Gingivitis, or gum inflammation, can quickly turn into periodontitis, also known as gum disease. Dr. Carraway helps patients prevent gum disease and treat the effects of gum inflammation.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorders cause problems in the face, jaw, and teeth. Injury to the temporomandibular joint can cause headaches, jaw pain, and teeth grinding, which we can treat in our office.
Call Our Dental Office Today
Contact Carraway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry at 864.383.9711. Request a dental appointment online with Dr. Carraway. We look forward to meeting you at your next dental visit.